Dresser when it arrived at my house...
Salvaging the best two dresser pulls
Now for some work.. I removed all the drawer guide boards on the sides except the bottom one, and removed the drawer wood beams except for the bottom one as well
I then chose the best drawer.. the drawers were pretty much all in the same condition so this wasn't hard
Then I started sanding
And then painting, my little helper, Adalie, she loves helping mommy while her brothers nap ;)
I spray painted the dresser pulls white, they look amazing! Then painted everything pink, for my girly girl
See!! They look so different! Love the way they turned out! I used rustolium mat white. They are perfect!
My husband then cut me a shelf for the bottom and nailed it in with his brad nailer, I added a closet rod. This was an amazingly cheap project!
I wish I painted the drawer inside!
Finished project, The dresses dont hang all the way down but they fit nicely
LOVED the way it turned out!!
I did this on a frugal budget...
Paint: I used red paint from my kitchen and white and mixed them for pink, then used some white spray paint I had on hand.. so basically used what I had!
Materials: Materials such as the rod, and board... surprisingly we had these things lying around, when we purchased the house we lived in the basement had some odds and ends, well the closet rod was one of them, so that was free, and the board for the shelf was salvage from another project my husband was working on.
Total cost.. $0... only because I lucked out on having all the materials needed! Now... I think it turned out well! And definitely not dump material!
Thanks for stopping by!!